Monday, July 29, 2013

strawberry-mint yogurt pops


Tis the season for frozen treats and I finally got my act together to make some homemade ones. After my success with a blueberry-basil combination I was feeling like plain old strawberry just wouldn't do so I added some mint, even though my son doesn't particularly like the herb. Luckily, when mixed with fresh strawberries and greek yogurt he is just fine with it. In fact, he loved this combo.

Strawberry-Mint Yogurt Popsicles
Makes about 5 popsicles, depending on their size

1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup water
1 cup strawberries, hulled and sliced
6-8 mint leaves
1 cup Greek yogurt

1. Heat sugar, water strawberries and mint in a saucepan until sugar has dissolved and strawberries and mint have softened. Let cool. Remove mint leaves.

2. Place heated ingredients into a food processor or blender with yogurt. Blend until smooth. Pour into popsicle molds. Freeze.

Side note: These popsicle molds are really ingenious. They have a straw that allows you to sip out the melted popsicle, keeping the whole thing drip free. I bought them at Duane Reade.




No comments:

Post a Comment