Yes, we had no bananas... but we did have a papaya.
I know, weird. But... truth is often stranger than fiction.
So, what do papaya muffins taste like?
Well, they don't exactly taste like papaya. But they are sweet and moist and with an addition of chocolate chip how could they go wrong.
No, really, they were pretty good.
Makes 12 muffins, adapted from Mark Bittman's How to Cook Everything Cookbook
- 2 cups all purpose flour1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 3 tablespoons melted unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup fresh papaya, mashed
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Heat oven to 375 F. Grease 12 muffin tins with oil or butter.
- Mix all dry ingredients in a large bowl. Mix all wet ingredients
- Distribute evenly into muffin tins. Bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out cleanly.