Wednesday, May 28, 2014

papaya muffins


Yes, we had no bananas... but we did have a papaya.

I know, weird. But... truth is often stranger than fiction.
So, what do papaya muffins taste like?
Well, they don't exactly taste like papaya. But they are sweet and moist and with an addition of chocolate chip how could they go wrong.
No, really, they were pretty good.

Papaya Muffins
Makes 12 muffins, adapted from Mark Bittman's How to Cook Everything Cookbook

Ingredients
  • 2 cups all purpose flour1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 3 teaspoons baking powder
  • 3 tablespoons melted unsalted butter
  • 1/4 cup maple syrup
  • 1 egg, beaten
  • 1 cup fresh papaya, mashed
  • 1/4 cup milk
  • 1 cup chocolate chips
Instructions
  1. Heat oven to 375 F. Grease 12 muffin tins with oil or butter.
  2. Mix all dry ingredients in a large bowl. Mix all wet ingredients

    in a medium bowl. Form a well in the center of the dry ingredients and pour the wet ingredients into it. Mix everything together until just combined. Mix in chocolate chips.
  3. Distribute evenly into muffin tins. Bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out cleanly.

4 comments:

  1. I don't think I've ever used papaya in a baked good before! I'm sure it adds something special to these, and at the least lots of vitamins!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The batter seems thick. Is that normal? Usually muffin batter is on the runnier side.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So I had some leftovers that I was going to loose. This is not a fruit I'm loving, really.

    I used my juice extractor, and was surprise by the texture of the juice and the pulp of the fruit.

    Then I found tour recipe, and I find it amazing !

    I added some pineapple pulp and juice too. AMAZING !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, you did a good thing here. I made it and oh yummy 😋 😍

    ReplyDelete