Monday, July 29, 2013

summer goat cheese frittata





I am a city girl. I grew up in Manhattan, on the 18th floor. I didn't see a lot of home grown produce growing up (of course this has changed -  people have all kinds of roof and balcony gardens) and always dreamed of having a rose garden. But not so badly that I'd leave the city.

This is why I am so thrilled to be using my own herbs in dishes all the time while upstate (the basil in this dish), and why I am so very excited about my first successful tomato. And there are more coming!



Summer Goat Cheese Frittata
Serves 6-8

2 tablespoons olive oil
6 eggs, beaten
1/2 red onion, finely chopped
1 zucchini, sliced and quartered
3/4 cup goat cheese
Salt and pepper
6-10 basil leaves, chiffonaded

1. Heat oil in a large skillet and add onions until wilted and fragrant. Add zucchini and some salt and pepper and cook until they release their water and then dry up a bit, about 10 minutes.

2. Crumble goat cheese and add salt and pepper to beaten eggs. Mix and pour into skillet and add basil. Leave untouched until eggs set on the edges and in towards the center. Finish the top in the broiler for a few minutes. Serve hot or cold.



No comments:

Post a Comment