Sunday, January 6, 2013

hippie rice {food matters project}


I was born in the sixties and can remember the hippie phenomenon. Most of my elementary school teachers were hippies. I wore bell bottoms and grew my hair to my waist. All of my friends did too.

But not until I became an adult did I realize what I had missed by being born just a little too late. What an amazing time to be a young adult. So much change and public awareness and action.


This week's Food Matters Project, chosen by Gracie, was really easy to prepare. Something I might make any night after coming home from work. Something that works as well for dinner as for lunch.

I can dig it.

You can see what others did with this dish here.

Peace out.

{recipe}


5 comments:

  1. i love that you used a tie-dye shirt as your background! :)

    i made enough for a light dinner and to have leftover for lunch today too, it was just so quick and easy to put together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sandra, Did you tie-dye that just for the post? Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your post and I am so happy you enjoyed this recipe. I know this will be a lunch selection at least once a week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha, don't we all wish we could have lived in the 60's? Love the tie-dye on the table.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the tie dye too! Looks great! And I loved how easy this was. Peace out! :)

    ReplyDelete