Joanne Bruno is my absolute favorite food blogger. She is marvelously funny and real, her recipes are seasonal and healthy, and her photography is gorgeous. What more could you ask for. She is what I aspire to be in a food blogger... if only my prose were more off the cuff, or just plain funny. Writing is the hardest part of blogging for me.
Joanne is a med student and a marathon runner. And she finds the time to write a blog post EVERY DAY. I mean, this girl is awesome.
Pumpkin Dip with Apple Chips
- 1 cup cooked pumpkin pureed
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice (or 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon, 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger, 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg, 1/8 teaspoon allspice, 1 pinch ground cloves
- 1/8-1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper powder (depending on how hot you like it) - optional
- Apples of your choice, finely sliced
- Mix all ingredients except apples in a food processor until smooth.
- Place in a bowl and surround with apple slices (chips)
- Garnish with cinnamon. Enjoy!
... and she's is getting married this month, so a bunch of us food bloggers have gotten together a virtual bridal shower for her. No embarrassing presents, no drunken displays, just food - virtual food. Join us!! And check out the menu:
Pumpkin Spice White Russian - Nutmeg Nanny
Warm Apple Pie Cocktail - Miss In The Kitchen
Bourbon Apple Cider Cocktail- Cook Like A Champion
Baked Brie with Honey and Sliced Almonds - The Lemon Bowl
Butternut Squash and Apple Galette - Warm Vanilla Sugar
Roasted Pumpkin Crostini - Annie's Eats
Kale Salad with Maple Butternut Squash and Pomegranate Dressing - Blahnik Baker
Lemony-Pasta Stuffed Zucchini - Very Culinary
Pumpkin Dip with Apple Chips- Meadows Cooks
Pumpkin Cinnamon Roll Cake - The Baker Chick
Peanut Butter Fudge Pie with Salted Peanut Butter Caramel- Taste and Tell
Caramel Apple Upside Down Cake - The Girl in the Little Red Kitchen
Snickerdoodle Bundt Cake - Chocolate and Carrots
Caramel Corn Chocolate Chip Cookies - The Cooking Actress
Caramel Cranberry Apple Galette - Bakeaholic Mama
Coconut Pecan Tarts - Bake or Break
Cranberry Margarita Cupcakes - Baker by Nature
Gingerbread Truffles - Dinners Dishes and Desserts