Thursday, October 3, 2013

apple cider caramels {the leftovers club}



These yummy caramels may be the best thing that has ever come out of my kitchen. No joke.




This was my first foray into the world of candy making and it was a wildly huge success. Recipe was found on Deb's Smitten Kitchen site (need I say more?). Only thing is - and please listen closely - no matter how delicious that soft, liquidy, caramel goodness looks in the pan DO NOT try to taste it before it has set. Or you'll have a burned lip for a week. And that's no fun. Take it from one who knows.

I made these for the Leftovers Club, so this lucky lady - Aly of Cooking in Stilettos - will be receiving them. And hopefully enjoying them. But how could she not?

The Leftovers Club offers a fabulous opportunity to connect with fellow bloggers and get some yummy treats in the mail. Please join us!

{recipe}


9 comments:

  1. YUM! I am obsessed with everything apple cider in the fall!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the successful foray into candy making! It's a fickle love, I've found :) I'm so gung-ho about all the great apple recipes flying around right now. And I'm dying over the pleading eyes of your cat in this last photo :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello,


    Visit http://ipinrecipes.com to Pin, Organize and Share Recipes you like. iPinRecipes.com is a Community for Food Bloggers & Food Lovers. Simply register your blog with iPinRecipes.com and start pinning your recipes directly from your blog. With no wait your recipes will be published immediately without any editorial review.

    Happy Pinning!!!

    Regards
    iPinRecipes Team

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahh! I love the cat photo at the end :) My Mars does the same thing whenever I bake!

    Congrats on a successful candy making venture! It can seem so intimidating at first, but when you do it right, it's the most rewarding feeling! I went through a period where I couldn't stop making salted caramels. They were super fun to make, though my pants were a bit snug. Aly is one lucky lady to get a batch of these!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for sharing! I'm totally making these!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always seem to mess up caramel-making, but I've been really wanting to make these since Deb posted them...they are so perfect for fall snacking!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love homemade caramels. Great leftover club idea!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That kitty sure knows how to find the treats, I know the feeling there! Great caramels, major yum!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Fall! These caramels sound tasty! :)
    www.prettybitchescancooktoo.com

    ReplyDelete