Thursday, March 20, 2014

spinach mushroom and miso soup


Discovering miso has been a wonderful revelation for me. Now, all I need is some water and a vegetable and I have a wonderfully complex tasting soup.

This soup is a little more involved than that, but knowing I could make a soup at a moment's notice with my miso at the ready puts my heart at peace.

Spinach Mushroom and Miso Soup
Serves 2-6

Ingredients
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil
  • 1/2 onion, finely chopped
  • 1 knob ginger, sliced and peeled
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 2 boxes fresh mushrooms (any kind will do - I used shitaki and baby portabello)
  • 1 bunch fresh spinach
  • 2-3 tablespoons miso
  • 4 cups water
  • Salt and pepper to taste
Instructions
  1. In a saucepan sSaute onion, garlic and ginger in oil over medium heat, until fragrant and onions become translucent. Add mushrooms and cook until water releases and become wilted.
  2. Add water and bring to boil. Add spinach and cook only until wilted, but still bright green. Eat immediately. Nothing like a nice hot bowl of soup.

No comments:

Post a Comment