Here is a belated St Patties Day treat. Something super healthy and naturally green - no food dyeing going on around here. This is the real deal. The really green deal. Just look at all that chlorophyll!
What I especially love about this recipe is that it is almost entirely broccoli. What better way to celebrate the Saint who expelled the snakes from Ireland?
Broccoli Feta Patties
Makes 8-9 patties, adapted from Nikki's Yum
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 onion, finely diced
- 8 fresh sage leaves, minced
- 3 cups broccoli , steamed and finely chopped
- 1/3 cup feta cheese, finely crumbled
- 2/3 cup bread crumbs
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground pepper
- Saute onion and sage in oil until fragrant and slightly wilted.
- Make sure all the water has been squeezed out of the broccoli.
- Once onion and sage are cooled a bit mix all ingredients in a bowl. Scoop out in ice cream scooper or similar spoon into a hot non stick pan. I used a cast iron one.
- Cook on LOW HEAT for 5 minutes on each side. Until they are golden brown.