Anything that makes getting out the door in the morning easier is a welcome addition to my home.
And this recipe did the trick. My son ate his breakfast without the usual prodding and we were dressed and gone in no time.
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup ilk of your choice (I chose soy milk)
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup (or any sweetener)
- topping like walnuts, raisins, blueberries, cinnamon
- Combine oatmeal, milk, and sweetener in a bowl. Leave covered in the fridge overnight.
- In the morning add your favorite toppings and eat. If you like it warm, zap it in the microwave (we don't have one, but no problem, my son likes everything cold. The colder the better. He eats his frozen peas frozen).