Tuesday, May 21, 2013

the cloisters




One of my old haunts, The Cloisters museum still enchants me. Something about the spaces and old stone and hush surrounding those interior gardens really appeals.

We had planned to visit the New York Aquarium on Tuesday, since Simon has been asking to go to the shark museum, but alas it had not opened yet, still cleaning up from hurricane Sandy.

Hard pressed for where else to go on such a beautiful day it came to me in a flash. Of course. It is where I spent many a beautiful day while living in Inwood many moons ago.






The museum was nice but the real attraction was the environment surrounding it. It sits within Fort Tryon Park, which is wonderfully wild with huge rock outcroppings all beckoning an avid climber to take a try. My son couldn't resist.


1 comment:

  1. I haven't been to the cloisters in ages! Probably since I was in elementary school.

    ReplyDelete