Monday, May 20, 2013

strawberry-rhubarb and meringues


I finally spotted rhubarb at the Farmers Market. While researching what to make with them I noticed a disproportionate amount of recipes that include meringue. I would never have thought to put the two together.

This seemed the perfect opportunity to try out my meringue abilities, as well make something sweet and refreshing with the rhubarb.

Have you tried to make meringues yet? They've been on my list for some time. They came out a bit soft, didn't hold their cup shape. But no worries, they still taste great. My husband asked if they were homemade marshmallows, and that is exactly what they taste like, toasted marshmallows.

I paired them up with some Strawberry-Rhubarb compote. Yum!


And then I strained the strawberry-rhubarb compote and added it to some fizzy water. Double yum. And very refreshing. 



{strawberry-rhubarb recipe}

{meringue recipe}


1 comment:

  1. G'day! LOVE your meringues and photos TRUE!
    The first one is STUNNING and drew me right in too!
    Cheers! Joanne
    What's On The List
    http://www.whatsonthelist.net

    ReplyDelete