Tuesday, June 24, 2014

breakfast french toast custard


In an effort to lose weight - yes, I said it - I was thinking of ways I can have my breakfast and eat it too.

Here's what I came up with - French Toast sans the toast. Or toast ontheside, which I think is code for 'no thanks.'

Breakfast French Toast Custard
Serves One

Ingredients
  • 2 tablespoons oil
  • 1 egg
  • 1/2 cup soy milk
  • Dash cardamom
  • Dash vanilla extract
  • Dash sugar
  • 2-3 pieces of in-season fruit, chopped
Instructions
  1. Whisk all ingredients except oil and fruit together. Heat oil in a frying pan until water sizzles when splashed in it. 
  2. Pour ingredients into pan and let sit, turning a bit to get the uncooked top spread out and cooked. Once the top has set scrape out with a spatula. I was hoping this would come out in one piece but it was too sticky. 
  3. Add chopped fruit and enjoy.
Here are some other Eggy Breakfast ideas:






Here are eggy breakfasts from around the blogosphere:

Joanne Eats Well With Others - Homemade Quick-Pickled Jalapenos on Hard-Boiled Eggs

Cozy Kitchen - Spaghetti Squash Egg Baskets




No comments:

Post a Comment