Wednesday, February 12, 2014

healthy couscous cucumber salad








How are you doing with your resolutions? Have you revisited them? Revised them? Thrown them out the window?

I think now that we are 1/6 of the way through the year it is a good time to look at them again and see how we are doing? Shall we?

Here is my status:
  1. Do some exercise every day - While I do not do it every day, I do do it almost every day. I have started running, in place while watching tv. I know, I know, doesn't sound like much... but Ive noticed a big improvement. I began at 10 minutes a shot. Now I do 20. Working my way up...
  2. Eat only feta and parmesean cheese - I am almost keeping this... with a few provolone incidents.
  3. Do three large creative projects - Still in the idea stages but I will make this happen.
  4. Do something for myself 4 times a week - Well, I think this one has got to slide. I may have over reached this year.
  5. Eat five homemade soups - I have very much completed this one and more. Plus I will not stop until it gets super warm. I attribute this one to my over all well being, fighting the nasty bugs of the winter months.
Only 10 months to go...

So, how are you doing??

Healthy Couscous Cucumber Salad
Serves 2-4

Ingredients
  • 1 1/2 - 2 cups uncooked couscous
  • 1 English cucumber, sliced
  • 1 small bunch parsley, chifronaged (is this a word?)
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil
  • 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • Freshly ground pepper to taste
  • Juice of one lemon
Instructions
  1. Place couscous in saucepan with twice as much water as grain. Boil until all water has been absorbed, about 5-10 minutes.
  2. Assemble salad in a medium serving bowl by placing all ingredients together and mixing well.
  3. Serve cold.

1 comment:

  1. It really is great to revisit these resolutions every few months. And it sounds like you're doing great!! This couscous salad is definitely healthy delicious enough to keep me on track!

    ReplyDelete