How are you doing with your resolutions? Have you revisited them? Revised them? Thrown them out the window?
I think now that we are 1/6 of the way through the year it is a good time to look at them again and see how we are doing? Shall we?
Here is my status:
- Do some exercise every day - While I do not do it every day, I do do it almost every day. I have started running, in place while watching tv. I know, I know, doesn't sound like much... but Ive noticed a big improvement. I began at 10 minutes a shot. Now I do 20. Working my way up...
- Eat only feta and parmesean cheese - I am almost keeping this... with a few provolone incidents.
- Do three large creative projects - Still in the idea stages but I will make this happen.
- Do something for myself 4 times a week - Well, I think this one has got to slide. I may have over reached this year.
- Eat five homemade soups - I have very much completed this one and more. Plus I will not stop until it gets super warm. I attribute this one to my over all well being, fighting the nasty bugs of the winter months.
So, how are you doing??
Healthy Couscous Cucumber Salad
- 1 1/2 - 2 cups uncooked couscous
- 1 English cucumber, sliced
- 1 small bunch parsley, chifronaged (is this a word?)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- Juice of one lemon
- Place couscous in saucepan with twice as much water as grain. Boil until all water has been absorbed, about 5-10 minutes.
- Assemble salad in a medium serving bowl by placing all ingredients together and mixing well.
- Serve cold.