Wednesday, August 14, 2013

plum popsicles


Sad, but true, it appears that summer is over! Gasp!

And my son was just getting the hang of swimming in the outdoor pool. Now we'll need to enroll him in a class. Or wait until next season (sigh).

I hope I am wrong and we have a huge surge of warmth blow over the region adding a few more lazy hazy days to this season upstate. I mean, I've just begun to get into my popsicle groove and it is almost too cold to eat the darn things!

I made some delicious plum ones this past weekend (and some mint-peach yogurt ones too - but those got eaten before I could get any pictures). So easy to make and so pleasing for the little ones. I used the molds you see in the pictures - a throwback from when I was a child. I bought these vintage Tupperware molds on Etsy. They are the perfect size for a quick midday snack, but any mold will do.

Oh, and word on the street is that it is Popsicle Week! Who knew??

Plum Popsicles
Makes 6 smallish popsicles
5-8 plums (depending on the size - 5 large ones, 8 smaller ones), pitted and sliced
2 cups water
1 cup honey or 1/2 cup sugar

1. Place all ingredients in a sauce pan and boil. I didn't skin the plums which added a tartness. You can peel them first if you like, or pull them off after they cool. Let cool. Pour into popsicle molds. Freeze.


1 comment:

  1. This weird chilly weather is making me a bit depressed also! I defintiely haven't eaten my fair share of summer fruits or made enough popsicles yet! Thankfully I have some pluots in the fridge so these popsicles may have to happen!

    ReplyDelete