Wednesday, July 31, 2013

rosemary-peach galette



Peaches are in season. I have been trying to make a peach dish ever since those fuzzy little critters splashed on the Green Market scene but things keep getting in my way. Mostly, they are just too tempting all on their own. By the time I've decided on a dish and assembled the ingredients they're gone from the fruit bowl.

This time I was prepared. I had everything I needed and made this galette as soon as I got home with them. Only problem is I had only one cup of flour left. So I roughly halved the recipe.

The rosemary-honey is so good. I ate it on toast. You can mix it into cream cheese, or any other thing for a wonderful sweet spread.

Rosemary-Peach Galette
Serves 1-2. Adapted from Food 52's White Peach and Lemon Thyme Galette

1/4 cup honey
2 sprig rosemary
3 peaches, peeled and sliced into wedges
1 cup, plus 1 tablespoons flour
2 tablespoons sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
5 tablespoons vegan butter

1. bring honey and rosemary to boil, take off heat and set aside. Put flour in the freezer for 15 minutes.

2. Mix 1 tablespoon flour with peaches until covered. Mix in 2 tablespoons honey.

3. Mix flour, sugar and salt together. Place in a food processor and add butter. Mix until a clumpy sandy mixture. At this point the original recipe says to add ice water until the dough comes together. My dough was already very wet so I skipped the water. Roll out into a rough circle. Place on pie tray. Place peaches in center and fold the edges up around the peaches, going in a circle. Leave a little peach showing in the center.

4. Bake at 400 degrees for 25-30 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment