Sunday, February 24, 2013

rolled cabbage {food matters project}



I was lazy and I cheated. I have an aversion to wasting food {which gets in the way of testing recipes quite a bit}, so I used leftovers to make our Rolled Cabbage dish for this week's Food Matters Project challenge. As a result it was probably not as tasty as it could have been.

What started out as my husband's perfect chicken soup...


... ended up mashed up in a bowl with some cooked rice, rolled into some boiled cabbage leaves, and cooked again in some tomato sauce.

Coincidentally, Deb from Smitten Kitchen also made Italian Stuffed Cabbage this past week and I used some of her tips. One was rolling the cabbage into golf ball sized packets. The second was using tooth pick to hold them together while they cook.

You can view the original recipe here. This dish was chosen by Keely Marie. See how other interpreted this dish here.


5 comments:

  1. Great use of leftovers! This looks good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome use of leftovers! love how cute each roll looks. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never thought to use leftovers this way! Great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great way to use leftovers, I'm a bit bad about that myself- so that's fantastic! Also, I love how cute and little these are- nice for a party or when there are large number of people!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww this sounds plenty tasty to me! and is definitely a great way to repurpose leftovers!

    ReplyDelete