Wednesday, July 10, 2013

garlic scape chimichurri

Last year, on June 24th to be precise, I posted about my first experience with Chimichurri. It was Lexi's Food Matters Project choice of the week and it changed my life. This sauce is the best sauce I have ever tasted, with a kick that compliments everything grilled, from summer zucchini to lamb chops to bruschetta, and it is infinitely adaptable.

This summer, for a change, I made my Chimichurri with garlic scapes. Garlic scapes are the stems and flower buds that grow out of the garlic root. They are garlicky but mild. I chopped them up in place of parsley and they added an extra spiciness that was really lovely. Scapes are in season now so grab some at your local (North East Coast) Green Market and try it out. You wont be sorry you did.

{recipe}


No comments:

Post a Comment