Thursday, June 20, 2013

central park zoo





A funny thing happened on the way to the zoo...

We almost didn't make it there. My son made a friend at the local playground and had an hour of fun running back and forth. I was sure he was too worn out for the long train ride into Manhattan, but when the boy went home he was ready for more.

It has been at least a year, if not two, since I've been to the Central Park Zoo. The highlight was going to be the snow leopard but she was hiding in her den the whole time and has been for a while. Perhaps she is pregnant, perhaps not, but the keepers are keeping their distance in case she is since snow leopards get extra aggressive when expecting.

We had fun looking at all the other animals, the bats were pretty cool, and were able to see everything on offer in about 2 hours, including the petting zoo. I think the Bronx Zoo is more my son's level right now since he wants to see the bigger animals, so we'll be going there next.


1 comment:

  1. G'day! I must be away from new York for a long time now as didn't know Central Park has a zoo, true!
    I LOVE zoos worldwide!
    Cheers! Joanne
    What's On The List
    http://www.whatsonthelist.net
    http://www.facebook.com/whatsonthelist.net

    ReplyDelete