Wednesday, January 9, 2013

meyer lemon tart with raspberries


Have you felt it? In the air? Hearts aglow? Pink-whipped, candy-colored feeling of warmth and good will?

No? Well, I have.

What I didn't feel for Christmas and the New Year, this year, I am feeling for... the cheesiest holiday on the planet: Valentine's Day.

Call it Saint Valentine's Day, or the Feast of Saint Valentine. Call it Heart Day, for all I care.

Wikipedia says:
The most popular martyrology associated with Saint Valentine was that he was imprisoned for performing weddings for soldiers who were forbidden to marry, and for ministering to Christians, who were persecuted under the Roman Empire; during his imprisonment, he is said to have healed the daughter of his jailer Asterius and before his execution, according to the legendary account, he wrote, "from your Valentine" as a farewell to her.

I give you this lemon tart in honor of St. Valentine's Day {a little early}

And it is heavenly. It called for the juice of 2-3 Meyer lemons {or 1/3 cup} but when I squeezed my 2 ginormous Meyer lemons I had 2/3 cup, at least. I used it all. I also used 2 lemon's worth of zest. This made for a VERY tart tart. I recommend you do the same.

{recipe}


2 comments:

  1. SO grateful right now that I have FOUR meyers sitting on my kitchen table. I feel so prepared. This looks gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! Will have to make it sometime, this is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete