Saturday, December 15, 2012

holiday pancakes


I know I've mentioned this before, but I LOVE pancakes.

I love how reliable they are, like the family dog, always coming out perfect {bringing in the newspaper} whether I add more or less of any of the ingredients {give more or less attention to them}.

I love how EASY they are to prepare {I've got the whole thing down to a science}.

I love how they fill me up with their yummy goodness {I don't have a dog analogy for that}.

Speaking of family dogs... I want one. Everyone in Brooklyn has one {or seems to}. I am beginning to think we are the only ones without a furry bundle of love. Don't I deserve a furry bundle of love??

Do I sound like a three-year-old? I've been spending a lot of time with one and you know how that is... and Christmas is right around the corner so who knows...

Cranberry Topping:
One bag fresh cranberries, with bad ones culled out
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup water

Place all ingredients in a sauce pan, cover and cook until cranberries start popping. Set aside to cool. Smother your pancakes with them.

{pancake recipe}



No comments:

Post a Comment