I have had a very eventful month. I really do not want to be one of those people who say, No news is good news, but I would have gladly done without the events in question.
I had the flu. Not your average run-of-the-mill flu. The I-think-I-have-Ebola kind of flu. No bleeding from orifices but a head ache that would split a sequoia trunk.
A week later my back gave out with sciatica. I was immobile for three days. I started imagining my life in constant pain - and what a pain in the you know what that would make me... then it magically went away.
And this last Thursday I was in so much pain from my resident 4-cm diameter fallopian tube cyst that I was hospitalized. Okay - maybe TMI. Sorry
Now I am fine. I am in the country enjoying the last weekend of our summer house before we close for the winter. How things can change on a dime in a few days is amazing. Hurray for change - of the positive variety. And have some chili while we are at it.
Easy Peasy Black Bean Chili
- 2 Table sppons canola oil
- 10 oz can of Black Beans, drained
- 10 oz can of diced Tomatoes
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2-3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and sliced
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- I teaspoon cumin powder
- Salt to taste
- Fresh cilantro leaves
- Feta cheese or sour cream and cilantro for garnish
- Heat oil in sauce pan. Add onion and cook until translucent. Add garlic and cook until fragrant. Add jalepano pepper and cook briefly.
- Add tomatoes and beans and spices and cilantro. Cover and simmer until flavors meld.
- Serve hot with feta/sour cream and cilantro leaves.