So, word on the street is Avocado Toast is the new Kale Salad, or something like that. It's okay by me. I love a nice smooth avocado on some crunchy, crusty bread.
This recipe includes some nice Mexican flavors like cilantro and lime. I added a sprinkle of cayenne pepper on top for a little kick.
And here is a craft my son made up. He wrapped a piece of paper towel with orange tape and said it was a rock. Then he said the rock needed a dinosaur so I made a T-rex.
Smashed Pea Avocado Toast
Adapted from Food52
- 1 cup green peas, fresh or thawed
- 1 large handful of cilantro
- 1 piece fresh ginger, peeled and chopped
- 1 lime juiced
- 2 avocados
- 1 clove garlic
- Salt and pepper and cayenne pepper or any other spice you like
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor. Pulse until mostly combined - or how you like. I happen to like mine chunky.
- Serve on toast of your choice. Sprinkle with cilantro leaves and spices.