Monday, August 11, 2014

pie day








I just got back from a five week vacation.

Coming back to bustling Brooklyn is a bit of a shock. Particularly the size of our tiny apt and difference in the temperature. Being away always allows me to take stock of my life, what is working and what needs work. I generally come to realizations about how to change my life for the better and this was not an exception. Mostly I've come to realize that Europeans know what they're doing. Taking a month off is really essential.

It is interesting to be back home after a month, particularly in NYC. Thing change so fast. On my way to work today I went to my usual deli for a coffee and the deli was gone - priced out. So sad. I loved their salad bar.

So, let's catch up. Pull up a chair and tell me what you've been up to this past month.



While I was away I had loads of excitement. I managed to attend to local hospital not once, but three times. Once for me - I thought I might have Lyme. I did not. The other two for my son whose left foot swelled up after we took out a splinter. Then after four days of antibiotics it swelled up again. He is fine now but it was scary.



I successfully grew  tomatoes on my deck. A first for me.



We had many a camp fire marshmallow roasting event. S'mores included.

I've been reteaching myself to play the violin. It is surprisingly satisfying. I figure if I continue to play a little every day for more than a year I may just get good enough to perform. We'll see how it goes, but I am hopeful.

Oh, yes, and we had our annual Pie Day. Here are some of the goodies we devoured.




1 comment:

  1. What an eventful vacation! Glad to hear everyone came out okay, though. A month away does sound quite refreshing!

    ReplyDelete