Tuesday, April 15, 2014

spring!!!





Last weekend was glorious! When the trees start to flower my mood lightens. I am a true Spring baby!

I organized an Easter Egg Hunt for a bunch of my son's friends and their families and was granted perfect weather.

I made several paper-mâché eggs from plastic egg templates, so that we had twice the amount I'd bought. I ended up with about 5 eggs per child and that worked out just fine.

I used this tutorial to make the eggs. It worked out pretty well, except I made them extra thick and therefore the eggs took a lot longer to dry than I'd anticipated. If you're planning to try this, leave at least two days for the paper to dry out. I used washi tape to hold them together, instead of bow and ribbons.

I hope you have an egg-ful, happy, springy Easter!

Note: The cat in the plastic bag was her idea, not mine... I couldn't resist snapping her picture in there. No animals were harmed in the making of this post.



No comments:

Post a Comment