Perhaps being raised on the boob tube has something to do with it. I was a girl filled with dreams of Cinderella and Barbie. All pink and flowers. My mother had no idea where I'd come from. She had been a tomboy and never, NEVER, wore pink. She didn't know what to do with me.
This year, I came home from work to find a wonderful duck dinner prepared by my husband, complete with wild rice and a lovely cucumber salad. My son had already done his homework AND had his bath. I supplied the chocolates and we were all set for a perfect Valentine's Day meal.
Sometimes it is the little things that make all the difference.
Strawberry Chia Pudding
- 6-8 strawberries, hulled and chopped
- 1 cup light unsweetened coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons agave syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- scant 1/4 cup chia seeds
- Blend strawberries in a food processor or blender. Add milk, agave, vanilla and blend. Add chia seeds and blend again.
- Pour into 2 6oz ramekins or other small dessert bowls. Chill over night. Serve cold.