Monday, August 5, 2013

pizza making 101



The nice people over at Vimbly offered eight food bloggers the opportunity to take a free pizza making class. I was one of them. Amazing! I never win anything.

Vimbly is a new website that brings NYC classes and activities to one place, allowing you to search for the perfect way to pass your time and hone your skills. My experience in booking this class was very easy.

Nicole Garguilo


I had a fabulous time. The other bloggers were really fun. The host was 180 Hester Street, and the class taught by the lovely Nicole Garguilo. She taught us how to make traditional Neapolitan pizza, done the right way. This includes using double zero flour, San Marzano tomatoes, very hot temperatures (900 degrees - don't try this at home), and very little time (once the dough has risen) since it cooks in 90 seconds.

We were plied with unlimited wine and ended our day with not one but two pizza pies. Delicious. I took my second ball of pizza dough home and made one for my family. Unfortunately I was not sure how long to cook it in my NYC oven, which only goes up to 500 degrees, and under cooked it. I definitely need some more practice with this dish, but I think the work will be well worth the work, in the end. Homemade fresh pizza is amazing.

This was my first Food Bloggers in NYC meetup and I can't wait to join another, I had a blast.

Disclaimer: I was offered this class for free, but all of the opinions in this post are my own.



No comments:

Post a Comment