Thursday, August 8, 2013

frosty raw blueberry tart


I don't know about you, but I am kind of over blueberries.

To round them out this season, I made this no bake tart. It was one of my failed attempts at ad-libbing.

I made the crust out of almond meal, dates and water. The filler was made from coconut milk and honey, and the blueberry topping? Well, you know.

Pretty simple, no? And it was delicious. too.

Why do I call it failed, you ask? Well, the coconut milk did not stay firm, dripped over the edges of the crust and made a big mess. We still ate it. If you make this eat them fast, before they over flow.

Raw Blueberry Tart 
Serves 3

Almond Crust
2 cups almond meal
10 dates, pitted and chopped
water

1. Mix all ingredients in a food processor and add enough water until they are mixed throughout and starts to clump together like crust or batter.

2. Press into 3 five-inch tart pans. Place in fridge.

Coconut Milk Filling
1 can coconut milk
Honey to taste
One box blueberries

1. Mix ingredients in food processor. Place in a bowl in the freezer. Leave until starts to freeze. Mix in food processor again. Place in tart pans and add as amny blueberries as you like. Eat immediately.


1 comment:

  1. Hi Sandra! Thanks for stopping by my blog. The crust on this sounds so good! I'm def going to have to give it a try :)

    ReplyDelete