Thursday, June 13, 2013

bryant park

source


We have had a string of good luck with my son's doctor visits. If you talked to me about four months ago, I would have given a bleak projection; his three year appointment didn't go well. At All. And his last two dentist appointments were disasters. So I am relieved that his recent dentist and eye exams were perfect. He cooperated, was in a good mood and even had fun!

What was the trick, you ask.

Toys. Lots of toys.

But that is not what I want to talk about. While waiting for his eye exam, we had an hour to kill, and ventured over to Bryant Park. I remember this park from when I worked in the stacks of the NY Public Library - a million years ago. At that time it was a nest for derelicts. No one I knew hung out there.

But now! Wow! It has had a major facelift. And it has taken me this long to check it out.

I was blown away by all the activities it offers. My family was lured into a Kubb match against another family, we tried out the carrousel, and ate our fruit snack in the pretty garden. All within one hour. Even with the down pour we experienced and the short visit, it was one of the best times I've had in a public park in recent memory.I see from the Bryant Park website that they offer free ping pong, petanque, summer movies, and numerous other games and events. Pretty cool.


No comments:

Post a Comment