Wednesday, May 15, 2013

homemade ginger ale


It is kind of spectacular, the alchemy of the kitchen. I went into this challenge, posed by Lindsay and Taylor of Love and Olive Oil with reservations. To be honest, I didn't think I would end up with anything but some sweet tasting water. Boy was I wrong!


I used the simple Alton Brown recipe that they posted, and it worked like a charm... in one bottle. You see, I had two one liter plastic bottles so I ended up splitting the ingredients between the two bottles. One bottle ended up the perfect bubbly spicy goodness I demand of a ginger ale. The other ended up flat and sweet, kind of what I'd expected from the whole exercise. I am going to leave the second bottle out of the fridge another day and hopefully it will come around. If not, no worries. I plan to make this again. I love me some spicy ginger ale!



1 comment:

  1. I've been meaning to participate in this but have been wary also! I'm so glad to hear it worked out for you!

    ReplyDelete