Wednesday, November 28, 2012

sauteed delicata squash with apple and thyme (uh, I mean rosemary) {food matters project}



The Food Matters Project has opened up the world of cooking to me in a way I could not have done by myself, offering a large variety of dishes which I have not ever attempted or even thought of attempting before. But lately I've been distracted. Maybe I've been a bit overwhelmed. Call it the holidays. So this week I chose to make something I had on hand, which is... pretty darn close to the chosen dish, only without the bacon.

This week's dish was chosen by Jen. Check out what everyone made here.

I like how this dish is made on the stove top instead of in the oven. I feel like I have more control when I can see and taste the dish as it cooks. Unfortunately the dish is not very pretty, but it tastes really nice.

{recipe}

3 comments:

  1. i've never had delicata squash before.
    sometimes cooking or baking in the oven is challenging in that you can't see or taste as it cooks, like you mentioned, but you also see it as letting go of the reigns, have faith that it'll all work out in the end...or at the very least, it'll be a surprise at the end of cook time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Delicata is one of our family favorites! I've never added apples to it. Interesting. I will try it.

    ReplyDelete