Sunday, November 25, 2012

healthy pumpkin oatmeal cookies



I was sitting in my kitchen looking at the poor neglected Trader Joe's Blueberry Muesli and thinking how sad it is that this once beloved breakfast has been left by the wayside. No longer enjoyed daily, my muesli mornings have been replaced by fancier breads of cereal, like hot oatmeal, and more glamorous meals such as pancakes and french toast. And the saddest part is that my small New York City cupboards cannot accommodate this dinosaur any longer. So what did I do? I came up with a plan.

These cookies don't look all that tasty, but don't be fooled. They have become the favorite of my household - the batch didn't last one night. Since I was using muesli which has all kinds of dried fruit, I dispensed with the cranberries. The chocolate chips really made them magnificent.

Try them out. You won't be sorry and you just might free up some space in your cupboards.

{recipe}


No comments:

Post a Comment