Friday, February 1, 2013

vegan almond butter truffles










Fortunately, I fell in love with the perfect cat.

Unfortunately, she had an abscess on her tail.

Fortunately, I was able to get her an appointment at a nearby vet, on a Saturday.

Unfortunately, they recommended she have surgery, but they couldn't do it there, so they referred me to a place in downtown Brooklyn that you cannot get to by train, which would cost somewhere near the order of $1000.

Fortunately, she recovered nicely from the wound without the surgery.

Unfortunately, that same weekend my apartment's boiler broke, during some of the coldest days of the year.

Fortunately, I made these lovely vegan truffles and ate them huddled under covers watching The ArtistoCats three times, back to back, with my three-year-old.

My husband couldn't stop eating them either.



Almond Butter Truffles
Makes 10 truffles

1/2 cup almond butter (or any nut or seed butter)
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1/4 cup cocoa powder
2 tablespoons coconut oil, left solid
1/2 cup sprinkles

1. Place first three ingredients in a food processor. My almond butter was a bit old and very dry so this mixture was a powder. If your almond butter is soft you may not need as much or any coconut oil. Then add the coconut oil, 1 tablespoon at a time. If the mixture clumps together you have enough.

2. Roll 1 inch balls of mixture in sprinkles. Refrigerate before serving.


No comments:

Post a Comment