Each of us are making a batch of delicious cookies and offering them for sale, highest bidder takes the batch.
Mine are these refreshing shortbread cookies with lime filling. Perfect for a spring picnic, if you don't eat them all out of the box.
Check out the yummy treats up for bid on her website: Bake to Cure Cancer.
Bidding starts Monday, April 21 and ends Wednesday, April 23.
Have your sweets and put your money toward a good cause at the same time. Can't beat that!
Pistachio Lime Shortbread Sandwich Cookies
Makes about 20 cookies, adapted from Epicurious
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) chilled unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup natural unsalted pistachios, ground
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 3/4 powdered sugar
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- Zest of 1/4 lime
- Mix flour, powdered sugar, and salt in a food processor. Add butter, pistachios, and vanilla. Using on/off turns, mix until moist ball forms. Transfer dough to work surface.
- Flatten dough on a wooden cutting board to about 1/4 inch thick. Use a cookie cutter to make shapes. Please on parchment lined baking sheets and refrigerate for one hour.
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Bake shortbread until barely golden, about 18 minutes. Cool shortbread on baking sheets.
- Mix all ingredients in a food processor until smooth. Spread between cookies.