Tuesday, September 30, 2014

zucchini tomato and sage soup


Flu season is upon us I was given a heaping dose of it. I kid you not I thought I had Ebola for a moment: my head was exploding with pain.

Therefore it is time again to bring out the soups. This one fell together nicely and bears repeating. A very simple one-pot preparation with fabulous results. There's nothing like homemade soup when you have a cold...

Zucchini Tomato Sage Soup
Serves 2-4

Ingredients
  • 2 Zucchinis, roughly sliced
  • 1 box grape Tomatoes (or a can of diced tomatoes... or any kind of tomatoes would do)
  • 2 Tablespoons Oil
  • 2-3 teaspoons garlic, roughly chopped
  • 8-10 leaves fresh sage
  • 1-2 cups water
  • Salt to taste
Instructions
  1. Heat oil in a large sauce pan on low heat. Add garlic and salt and saute until fragrant. Add zucchini and saute until starts to turn translucent and slightly wilted. Add tomatoes, sage, and water. 
  2. Cover and cook until melded. Using a stick blender blend until the consistency you like. You can make it super smooth or leave it chunky. I prefer it chunky.

No comments:

Post a Comment