Friday, May 16, 2014

herbed goat cheese spread


While reading this article on home fries in the NYTimes I discovered Maître D’Hôtel Butter. It is butter infused with herbs, lemon and some sort of allium. As I read the article it became increasingly clear that the star of this show was the butter.


Then I read about the benefits of eating fresh thyme.


Armed with this information I set forth to make a goat cheese version of fancy butter with my fresh thyme. It turned out lovely. Do it. Your body will thank you.


Herbed Goat Cheese Spread
Serves one.


Ingredients
  • 1/2 cup goat cheese
  • 3-5 basil leaves, minced
  • 5-6 thyme stems, minced
  • 1 small clove garlic, minced
  • 1/2 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
Instructions
  1. Smash all ingredients together in a bowl with the back of a fork. Spread on freshly baked baguette slices, or your favorite bread.

1 comment:

  1. I totally prefer goat cheese to butter anyway. So tasty!

    ReplyDelete