Friday, August 9, 2013

cappuccino choochoo trains with chocolate cream filling {#chocolateparty}




What better way to start your weekend than these caffeinated little powerhouse engines?  And another episode of what was I thinking. I mean, choochoo train cookies have my son written all over them, but these have a nice dose of coffee, something I am not eager for him to ingest.

I brought them all to work. Hopefully they can substitute my morning coffee and get me through to the weekend. TGIF!

I used a vegan shortbread recipe, halved it and added 1 tablespoon instant coffee and about 1/4 cup flour. It might have been better to leave the dough in the fridge longer - to keep it together while rolling and cutting - but they came out delicious.

{vegan shortbread recipe}

Chocolate Cream Filling
1/3 cup confectioner's sugar
1/3 cup vegan butter
1/3 cup chocolate chips


1. Put chocolate in food processor and chop until fine (in this heat they came out lumpy so melting them might have been a better way to go - but this way there are specks of chocolate mimicking the coffee specks in the cookies). Add sugar and butter and mix until combined and creamy. Fill cookies.

I am entering this post in the Chocolate Party hosted by Roxana's Home Baking.



5 comments:

  1. How fun do these look?! Great idea, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well your son might not be able to ingest this dose of coffee, but I sure can! These sound like the perfect little bites!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How darling! With a new little baby boy on it's way (my daughter, not me), I'll have to make these someday for him!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These sandwich cookies look adorable! Thank you for sharing them with the Chocolate Party!

    ReplyDelete