Thursday, January 24, 2013

stuffed sweet potatoes with couscous and swiss chard



Is there something you've always wanted to do but never thought you'd have the opportunity? Maybe it is something that is too expensive, or maybe it is too impractical, or maybe due to your personality you just can't see it happening.

I always thought would be fun to own a talking bird. But I never seriously considered it... until I met this cockatoo.



He {she - they don't know for sure} is a real sweety. He walked the length of the pet store to climb onto my hand and perch there. He loves back scratches and hugs. Really quite extraordinary.

Even so, I think I am going to stick to mammals. I have a longer track record with them and once I can convince my husband that it is beneficial to our health to have a pet in our lives I think this little lady will be a welcome addition to the family.


All of which has absolutely nothing to do with stuffed sweet potatoes, except they are also sweet, and good for you. Sorry, that's as far as the analogies go today.

{recipe}

No comments:

Post a Comment